[pulseaudio-discuss] Introduction

Vasili Sviridov vsviridov at exceede.com
Mon Jan 7 17:40:49 PST 2008

The site contains links to the latest version. It's a tarball, so
provided you satisfy all dependencies, ./configure && make && make
install should get you going :)

About advantages - that topic was extensively covered, there's a nice
video of (i believe) Lennart himself explaining the reasons and ideas
behind PA, just look around, maybe through Wikipedia entry on PA. That
also includes topics of proxying, merging soundcards together into
virtual multi-channel soundcards, and much more...

In general PA is the "right thing", that just needs bit more polishing
and distro vendors involvement :)