[pulseaudio-discuss] Wiki updates

Sean McNamara smcnam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:47:31 PDT 2008

Hey,

In some attempts to keep the Wiki up to date, I've updated the
Requirements page to reflect the new requirements for PA 0.9.11.
Lennart, I hope these changes are accurate and correct; please
double-check me. :)

I also hope to get more active community interest in the wiki, because
a better wiki cuts down on ML traffic for known issues. To spearhead
this I created a new wiki page for distribution-specific build-time
dependencies, i.e. to answer the question "configure tells me I don't
have a valid gdbm.h; what do I do?" or "I have libcap-dev installed
but PA doesn't compile with capability support". Compiletime help has
not been a big focus of the wiki, but with PA 0.9.11 coming out, the
drive to update to take advantage of glitch-free is going to be
increasing as people find out about it. And I have no doubt that
distributions will be dog slow at updating to 0.9.11, because it also
requires the latest ALSA. You can find this distro-specific list
linked at the bottom of the requirements section.

I will be making an effort to extend the FAQ based on the most common
frustrations with 0.9.11. Lennart told us this release may cause more
problems than it fixes, but even so, we should try to work out as many
issues as possible, as early as possible, because few who make the
upgrade will want to go back to 0.9.10 now that a newer version is out
(because newer is better! Riiiight...?)

Thanks,

Sean