[pulseaudio-discuss] Wiki updates

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 30 10:53:52 PDT 2008

On Tue, 29.07.08 10:42, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> > I will be making an effort to extend the FAQ based on the most common
> > frustrations with 0.9.11. Lennart told us this release may cause more
> > problems than it fixes, but even so, we should try to work out as many
> > issues as possible, as early as possible, because few who make the
> > upgrade will want to go back to 0.9.10 now that a newer version is out
> > (because newer is better! Riiiight...?)
>
> Good plan.
>
> To be honest, as pulse's profile grows, I think that the PA wiki/site
> etc. could do with a bit more of a sexy look to it. I think the Pulse
> logo (black background with blue bits) is sweet and that a nice dark
> (but usable) theme on Trac would make the whole thing much cooler... (a
> bit like the basic look of the compiz-fusion.org site). Not sure if
> Lennart is even vaguely interested in that, but I think it may help gain
> acceptance... I know it's a trivial thing, but they do say that "the
> first bite is with the eye"... ;)

Hehe. If you ever saw my homepage or my blog you'll know that i am a
big fan of the original html 1.0 look. ;-) The last time I did
HTML/CSS or web programming was 10 years ago. And I am happy that I
don't have to do this anymore... ;-)

That said, I am happy to take patches for a new Trac template, if it
looks pretty and clean, doesn't look like something that will feel
out-of-date 6 months later, is standards-compliant and a11y
friendly. I'd even be willing to update to Trac 0.11, which afair
comes with a new template engine?