[pulseaudio-discuss] Alsa clients with 0.9.11

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 30 15:08:54 PDT 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 22.07.08 22:27, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

>>> Could you get me a full bt of this?
>> Should be attached....
>>
>> Looks like it could be some stack corruption judging by the last few
>> entries.. which means it could be an x86_64 issue perhaps (in alsa 1.0.17
>> maybe?)
>
> Hmpf. I am very confused. Your backtrace includes a function
> pulse_sw_params in pcm_pulse.c. There is no such thing in my
> checkout. What version is this???

Ahh crap I should have spotted that. Sorry.

It's a patch from
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3944

That said, I've disabled this patch in my package so I'm very confused
as to why it was rearing it's ugly head on my system. I guess I must
have cocked up on my version numbers on my system and packages were not
updated or something..

Anyway, when I updated the package to 1.0.17 final and things worked fine.

My bad, sorry for the noise. That said, perhaps you can comment on the
Alsa BTS as to whether this is a patch that is going in the right
direction or should be avoided.