[pulseaudio-discuss] remap-sink reproduces sound on more than the target channels

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Jun 12 19:20:49 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:01:45AM -0700, Matt Patterson wrote:
> Is that what I was seeing during my startup process:
>
> D: resampler.c: Channel matrix:
> D: resampler.c:        I00   I01
> D: resampler.c:     +------------
> D: resampler.c: O00 | 1.000 0.000
> D: resampler.c: O01 | 0.000 1.000
> D: resampler.c: O02 | 1.000 0.000
> D: resampler.c: O03 | 0.000 1.000
> D: resampler.c: O04 | 0.500 0.500
> D: resampler.c: O05 | 0.500 0.500
> D: resampler.c: O06 | 1.000 0.000
> D: resampler.c: O07 | 0.000 1.000

Yes, it's exactly that.

> I thought I tried disabling the remixing in daemon.conf without
> improvement, but I will try again. If I start pulseaudio with the -C
> command to get a command line interface will the settings in daemon.conf
> take effect since I am not creating a daemon? Or is the daemon still
> created and a pacmd instance is started right after?

The daemon is created, and daemon.conf is read. Make sure
you edit the correct daemon.conf - if ~/.pulse/daemon.conf
exists, /etc/pulse/daemon.conf doesn't have any effect. Also
note that the semicolon in the beginning of the line is a
comment character, so remove it.

> I also noticed that I can produce 2 two channel alsa sinks by pointing
> them at front:1 and rear:1. Are there equivalent values for side:1 and
> center/lfe:1? I tried side:1 without avail so that can't be it.

I don't know about that.

--
Tanu Kaskinen