[pulseaudio-discuss] remap-sink reproduces sound on more than the target channels

Matthew Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Fri Jun 13 00:17:13 PDT 2008

Ok, fixed. The issue was indeed the remixing, but oddly I could not
disable it by setting the value in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf. I do not have
a daemon.conf in my ~/.pulse/ folder, but it still wouldn't read the
global one. When I copied the file into my profile it worked fine and
everything was good.

I also tried the route specified in the wiki where I made all the
channels in the channel map "aux0", etc. This did indeed prevent the
remixing, but certainly didn't have the desired effect. When I did this
all my outputs for all remapped sinks output from the side-right
speaker? I have no idea why this is, but it is just another data point.

I now have up to 8 zones in my whole home audio matrix switch. We'll see
how my design scales. I'll let you all know.

Thanks for your help Tanu!

Matt