[pulseaudio-discuss] darkice/icecast issue

Matthew Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Wed Jun 25 09:10:19 PDT 2008

Colin,

I finally got around to trying this technique of sending audio out to a
shout server. Everything appears to work right from the start.
gst-launch starts up, the stream appears on my shoutcast server, etc.
But when I connect to the stream it contains nothing but silence. And
even more odd is that vlc says the stream is mono when the source
monitor is definitely stereo. I dug a little deeper with the pulseaudio
manager and sure enough monitor source is producing stereo and there is
sound going through it (volume monitor) but the outgoing recording
stream sets up as mono??? This is the exact line I'm using:

gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc device=zone5.monitor ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc
! oggmux ! shout2send ip=127.0.0.1 port=8000 password=#### mount=stream.ogg

Any ideas?

Matt