[pulseaudio-discuss] darkice/icecast issue

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 25 06:48:20 PDT 2008

Sebastian Wieseler wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> I've got a question about darkice/icecast together with pulseaudio.
> How do they work together?
>
> The only result of Google was:
> gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc
> device=alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_alsa_playback_0.monitor ! audioconvert
>   ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! shout2send ip=example.com port=8000
> password=hackme mount=stream.ogg
>

> But
> 	# gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc
> 	ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "pulsesrc".
> failed for me. :-/

In that case, you do not have the gst-pulse package installed.

It may not be called that in your distro... We call it
gstreamer0.10-pulse in Mandriva for example.

gst-pulse used to be packaged separately
(http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/gst-pulse) but is has recently been
promoted to being included in the default gst-plugins-good
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html)

HTHs