[pulseaudio-discuss] Loading module-null-sink when no real sinks found.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Mar 12 15:43:49 PDT 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> The other way round seems to work fine, e.g. starting playing with a
> real sink, and removing the said sink, a null-sink is automatically
> loaded and the recover-streams kicks in and works.

I think I'll revise that and say the other way round is *better* but I
have now had a couple failures this way round too with the same
symptoms... mplayer freezes but other connections can happily continue
and play sound.

I'm attaching my example config and a load.sh and unload.sh scripts to
load the alsa sink and unload it again. Using this setup it's hopefully
quite easy to replicate this freeze which may actually highlight an
underlying problem elsewhere.....?

HTHs