[pulseaudio-discuss] Unable to create stream

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Sat Mar 29 11:53:53 PDT 2008

I have isolated that this problem was introduced in my upgrade from
fedora 7 to fedora 8, with the introduction of the new version of the
alsa pulse library.

This fc8 version causes *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to create stream:
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i386             1.0.15-3.fc8.1

If I download alsa-plugins.1.0.15 source and compile on my own, this
problem goes away and my application starts working again.

I cannot explain how the fedora 8 distribuition compile could introduce
a difference.

Jim