[pulseaudio-discuss] Moving sources and sinks

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sat May 3 06:05:16 PDT 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I disagree that this community is unresponsive. You just have to be
> patient. Lennart is the main developer but he does not sit slavishly
> reading the mailing list and responding immediately. He'll usually have
> a big purge every couple weeks, but generally does respond to almost
> everyone who asks something, unless someone else has jumped in already.

PulseAudio + Wine is still a big no-no. Like described in my earlier
mail to this mailing list (sent 24.2.2008) I've come to a point where I
don't know any further and asked for help. Nobody answered. Not even to
the ticket in PA trac or the ticket in the alsa bugtracker.

Ubuntu now ships with PA enabled by default, which causes big troubles
for those wanting to play games under Wine. I know the best solution
would be to have a native PA driver in Wine, but that won't happen
anytime soon. There are bugs in the pulse alsa driver. Fixing those
shouldn't be such big problem for someone familiar with the inner
workings of PA.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but the community has been largely
unresponsive to this particular issue. Just wanted to bring that up.

tom