[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse module development

Nick Thompson rextanka at comcast.net
Mon May 5 17:16:41 PDT 2008

On the page on the wiki about developing modules at:

<http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/WritingModules>

There's a nifty little tutorial on writing a plugin.  Handy stuff.
The pulsecore headers are all referenced with prefix "pulsecore", as in:

#include <pulsecore/module.h>

I fished around for any pulse related -dev pkgs that I had not
installed, but nothing obvious showed up in Synaptic.

So I copied the pulsecore directory from the pulse sources to /usr/
include and deletec the c files. I also needed to copy the config.h
file from the pulse directory to /usr/include/pulsecore

My test plugin builds and loads.

Am I missing a package or is the method outlined above the way to go
(it works on my machine(tm) :)

Thanks

Nick