[pulseaudio-discuss] Permanently binding an application to a sink?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 4 02:03:41 PST 2008

timo wrote:
> I'm using version 0.9.10, on Ubuntu 8.10
>
> I have module-volume-restore enabled in the config, but it doesn't stop the
> reverting behaviour. Even hitting stop and then play on the streaming
> application is enough to have the stream reverted to the default sink.
>
> I had noticed module-stream-restore was introduced in 0.9.11, but i figured
> this sort of feature would have existed in earlier versions as well.

Hmm, well it works on Mandriva with 0.9.10 so I'm not sure why it's
causing issues for you. I don't think I did anything in particular to
fix a problem in this regard (there was an issue relating to it
remembering the default device across reboots (as this is stored in
gconf), but this shouldn't affect individual application-device maps as
this is stored in a file in your home directory.

Make sure your user has the ability to write in your ~/.pulse folder and
particularly the volume restore table file. Double check that this
folder is not owned by root or something silly like that (ll -d
~/.pulse; ll ~/.pulse)

And just to double check, you are running a per-user daemon right? Not a
system wide one?

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]