[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound/Mic from Bluetooth headset

Michal Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Wed Oct 15 06:44:17 PDT 2008

Dnia 2008-10-15, śro o godzinie 14:43 +0200, Dotan Cohen pisze:
> ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL bluetooth
> ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:632:(bluetooth_a2dp_hw_params)
> BT_SETCONFIGURATION failed : Input/output error(5)

It seems that you're trying to use a2dp. AFAIK that bluetooth profile
doesn't do microphone / recording. Try setting your profile to 'voice'
instead of 'auto'. The sound quality won't be as good as a2dp, but
that's just how it is.

> Despite the term ALSA in the output, I am led to believe that this is
> an issue with Pulse Audio as that is the system used in Kubuntu 8.04.
> Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, you're wrong. It's alsa complaining, so the problem is with your
alsa config, not pulse's.

--
Michal Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>