[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound/Mic from Bluetooth headset

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 15 11:52:55 PDT 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I use Kubuntu 8.04. I would like to use a bluetooth headset with Skype
> and other applications on this system. After playing with the
> instructions on this thread on the ubuntu forums:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4910397
>
> I can now _hear_ Skype over the headset. However, I cannot use the
> microphone. Running arecord on the bluetooth connection returns no
> voice, and Skype complains "problem with audio capture". This is the
> console output:
> ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL bluetooth
> ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:632:(bluetooth_a2dp_hw_params)
> BT_SETCONFIGURATION failed : Input/output error(5)

The pulse client shouldn't be issuing any alsa errors so unless this is
seen on the output of the pulseaudio server, then this is a pure alsa issue.

Also, I should say that bluetooth support is totally different in
pulseaudio 0.9.13... it supports bluetooth natively via bluez and should
behave much nicer :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]