[pulseaudio-discuss] Was Pulseaudio crashes is now; Is it really working?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 27 11:12:40 PDT 2008

Scott Castaline wrote:
> This maybe a little irregular to reply to my own post, but I need to add
> something. Do I need to manually re-add pulse groups and users
> (pulse-rt)? I've noticed that in the past the system had some
> groups/users related to Pulseaudio and I had to add myself to the
> group(s). They are no longer there. When I do the cli command;

You only need ot use the users/groups if you are using a system wide
daemon (whereby pulse-access group is needed for any user that wants to
connect to that daemon and the pulse user is needed (well recommended)
to actually run that system instance) or if you are using an older
system which does not have policykit support. Policykit provides a
standard way to give specific users running specific apps permission to
do specific things that require elevated privileges and thus replaces
the pulse-rt group.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]