[pulseaudio-discuss] System mode and pactl

Rafał Mużyło galtgendo at o2.pl
Thu Oct 30 10:25:41 PDT 2008

First of all, I'd like to thank Colin for the hint to get the patches
from rawhide rpm. While I can see all the patches on gitweb,
there's so many of them, it's hard to tell which should I get.
With those patches 0.9.13 seems to work just as good as 0.9.12 did
(without them I was often getting 'killed by cpu usage' message).

Now, the problem.
I'm running pulseaudio daemon in system mode by a dedicated
(a nologin) user. However, in these conditions pactl fails to work.
What would be the simplest way to connect to that deamon,
the way pactl does ? Also, for a system deamon using module-hal-detect,
what would be a correct way to pass options to module-alsa-sink ?

PS.: am I just unlucky or is it really that hard to get some help
on the irc channel ?