[pulseaudio-discuss] Two heads, two users, two soundcards

Janek Kozicki janek_listy at wp.pl
Wed Sep 3 04:52:42 PDT 2008

Colin Guthrie said:     (by the date of Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:24:18 +0100)

> Janek Kozicki wrote:
> > I'm planning to configure in few months a two-headed workstation for
> > me and my wife.

> I think the trick will be getting consolekit to assign the relevant ACLs
> to the sound card devices for each user. If this is done at the low
> level, pulse should "just work"(tm) as although it will try to enumerate
> both devices, it will not have access to one of them and thus will
> ignore it.
>
> I appreciate this is not a "here's how to do it" but hopefully it's
> pointing you in the right direction.

Thanks. Just after your reply I've sent email to consolekit author,
but still I didn't get a reply. I've looked at the manual though, and
it appears that consolekit is not for two/multiple-head setup. It is
only for switching users on a single-head workstation.

Is there any alternative solution for that, which does not depend on
consolekit?