[pulseaudio-discuss] Module to sink to a device

nikhil.rao at wipro.com nikhil.rao at wipro.com
Fri Apr 17 06:23:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am very new to pulseaudio and this forum. Hence I am not sure if this
topic has already been discussed here.

I am working in Linux environment. I have a device and a corresponding
device driver that is capable of handling synchronous audio. The device
is exposed in a form of simple device node say "/dev/XXX".

So my question is can I develop a loadable module which can sink to the
/dev/XXX device? Is there any module currently which works in my
direction?

I have gone through the existing set of modules, I found that module-oss
and module-solaris sink/source currenlty is capable of open/write/read
device like /dev/dsp (please correct me if I am wrong).

It would be great if I get any sort of pointers on how to approach on
this.

Thanks in Advance.

-Nick

www.wipro.com