[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Bluetooth

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Apr 17 10:08:54 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 14:37 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> Well you probably would, but come on! Do you honestly expect things to
> work all by themselves?

Of course not.

> A lot of people put in very hard work to get
> things to work, and all you can do is complain about how this hard work
> means you wont get it until someone else packages it up for you?

Hrm.  I think you read too much into it.  I was not really complaining,
just making a statement on my observations about the status of BT
(audio) on Linux for the last year or so (since I got a dongle a year
ago Xmas).  A person can make an observation without it being a
complaint.

> You have the ultimate choice. You can go for a commercial OS and ensure
> that vendor has support for what you want, or you can get your hands
> dirty and help the people doing the hard work to make it operate the way
> you want, or you can wait patiently until it all works. I personally
> take the second option.

I wish I had the time for that than I do.  That's not to say I don't
contribute.  I've had my fingers in any number of projects over the
years and even try to find time to do what I can now.  I used to have
lots more time for it though, when I was a young, single man.  Not any
more.  :-(

> All you're going to achieve by moaning is pissing off the people who do
> put in the hard work and who are the ones most able to help you when you
> get stuck. That's generally not a wise move!

Dude.  Like I said.  It was just my light-hearted observation that over
quite a number of kernel releases since I first tried BT audio that it
has always been "almost there, just one more patch to kernel XYZ".  I
don't expect anyone to rush out and scratch my itch.  If it itches me
enough, I will do some scratching.

b.