[pulseaudio-discuss] Mix multiple microphones into one recording application?

Fredrik Persson fredrik.p.persson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:46:50 PDT 2009

> You should use module-combine to create a virtual sink that combines
> your two headset outputs then move the skype stream to this virtual
> sink. You can use the preference in paprefs to achieve a "join all sinks
> you have into one" type setup, but you'll need to fiddle manually to
> create a more complex setup.

I tried that, worked perfectly, thanks!

> As for the input, sadly, there is no module-combine for sources,
> although it should be fairly trivial to create such a module.

For who? I looked at the code for module-combine, I can't say that it
looked trivial. At least not for me, I've never seen pulsaudio module
code before, but I develop software for a living.

How long would it take, if you guessed, for someone who have no prior
knowledge of pulseaudio to to create such a module?

Does the project have a feature wishlist? :)

(On a side note; this has driven me absolutely crazy. I never thought
connecting two or more headsets to skype at the same time would be this
difficult. I've spent days on it, without succeeding.)

/Fredrik Persson