[pulseaudio-discuss] Mix multiple microphones into one recording application?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Apr 18 04:53:20 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Fredrik Persson at 18/04/09 10:01 did gyre and gimble:
> I'd like to use two (or more) headsets on a single machine, where both
> microphones are routed into skype, and both headphones receive the
> playback from skype. (To make an inexpensive but effective conference
> phone.)
>
> I'm up and running using skype with one single headset + pulse, but if I
> want the second headset to be heard/hear to/from skype, I need to open
> the pulseaudio volume manager and move the stream from the first headset
> to the next.
>
> Any advice on the matter is welcome, thanks!

You should use module-combine to create a virtual sink that combines
your two headset outputs then move the skype stream to this virtual
sink. You can use the preference in paprefs to achieve a "join all sinks
you have into one" type setup, but you'll need to fiddle manually to
create a more complex setup.

As for the input, sadly, there is no module-combine for sources,
although it should be fairly trivial to create such a module.

HTHs

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]