[pulseaudio-discuss] Assertion 'pa_frame_aligned(chunk->length, &o->source->sample_spec)' in 0.9.15-test3

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:06:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 21:12 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 20.04.09 19:40, Maxim Levitsky (maximlevitsky at gmail.com) wrote:
>

> > Back to the bug,...
> >
> > I have just tested latest PA, and this bug is there.
>
> Yes, of course. The bug I created has not been closed yet. Just follow #549.
>
> > I noticed, that recording from a host that is currently on wired
> > connection seems to work stable, but recording from wireless host just
> > fails, after few secords (just start pavucontrol).
>
> pavucontrol tries to monitor all streams. It's probably a simple
> bandwith issue.

I Don't think so.

I (thanks to iwlwifi & ath5k devs) have solid 1.5 Mbytes/s between my
systems.

This ought to be enough, and besides, this bug happened with older
version of pavcontrol which didn't have volume meters.

I have 3 computers, the one I use now, a notebook, an aspire one, and a
desktop which is connected to my network AP using wired connection
(but today I did a grand backup/file transfer - I defragmented/updated
filesysyem to ext4 on my laptop, thus I connected desktop and laptop via
wired gigabit connection (and since I finally know what exactly to do,
everything went very smoothly)

PS: what is the state of auth support for network sound?

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky