[pulseaudio-discuss] PATCH hda-intel fix for ALSA 1.0.19 drivers

Erich Boleyn erich at uruk.org
Sat Apr 25 09:59:43 PDT 2009

Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:07:56AM -0700, Erich Boleyn wrote:
>
> > There was a patch to fix the hda-intel ALSA driver issues that have broken
> > pulseaudio support (reliable use of the "snd_pcm_avail..." functions) made
> > to the ALSA kernel git tree as of about 2 weeks ago.
> > The patches don't apply to earlier ALSA, so i backported them to the 1.0.=
> 19
> > release with a bit of license.  I.e. a few other changes got pulled back,
> > as it was easier to do that than to try to reverse-engineer the most corr=
> ect
> > version of the change...  plus it seemed asome of them may have been
> > correctness fixes anyway.
>
>   Aren't those backports already in Fedora's kernel RPM?

I don't know, not tracking Fedora too closely (I use Gentoo).  All I saw
on the repository is that the patches were put in about 2 weeks ago, which
seems awfully close to be able to grab a released kernel RPM.

In any case, I needed it and others might.

--
    Erich Stefan Boleyn     <erich at uruk.org>     http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"