[pulseaudio-discuss] PA 0.9.15 breaks skype again

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 05:49:21 PDT 2009

0.9.14 seems finally to work fine with skype for both recording and
playback.

I installed alsa-lib 1.0.19, and still skype works fine.
(I had very starange issue with skype crashing when it uses some very
old api, and it seems that if I take 1.0.19 lib32 package, and manually
copy libasound.so from it, then it works, otherwise something in dpkg
strips out these symbols - very strange)

Still, works fine, but now with PA 0.9.15, it often hangs, and also I
noticed very hight > 100% volumes in pavucontrol, also if I
remove ./.pulse this helps temporary, (eg, next time skype starts
normally and appears to work, but it works for maybe few minutes, then
same happens)

Is this known?

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky