[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.15 bluetooth profiles question

Michał Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Wed Apr 29 23:30:00 PDT 2009

Dnia 2009-04-29, śro o godzinie 23:21 +0100, Jon Escombe pisze:
> However. this headset supports both hsp and a2dp profiles. My problem
> is
> that it's defaulting to the hsp profile and I'm unable to change to
> a2dp, any ideas where to look for the root cause? The message log
> shows
> "pulseaudio[5550]: module-bluetooth-device.c: A2DP is not connected,
> refused to switch profile" when I try to switch.

Have you tried pressing 'Connect' in the Bluetooth applet for your
headset entry?

If that doesn't work use d-feet, connect to the system bus and issue a
Connect() at your device node (/org/bluez/[bluetoothd
pidname]/hci0/dev_[your_headset's_MAC]/Audio

That should make it possible to change the profile.

--
Michał Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>