[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.15 bluetooth profiles question

Jon Escombe lists at dresco.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 00:22:05 PDT 2009

On 30/04/09 07:30, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> Dnia 2009-04-29, śro o godzinie 23:21 +0100, Jon Escombe pisze:
>
>> However. this headset supports both hsp and a2dp profiles. My problem
>> is
>> that it's defaulting to the hsp profile and I'm unable to change to
>> a2dp, any ideas where to look for the root cause? The message log
>> shows
>> "pulseaudio[5550]: module-bluetooth-device.c: A2DP is not connected,
>> refused to switch profile" when I try to switch.
>>

> Have you tried pressing 'Connect' in the Bluetooth applet for your
> headset entry?
>
> If that doesn't work use d-feet, connect to the system bus and issue a
> Connect() at your device node (/org/bluez/[bluetoothd
> pidname]/hci0/dev_[your_headset's_MAC]/Audio
>
> That should make it possible to change the profile.

Thanks,

Yes - it connects ok from the bluetooth applet, but I can't get pulse to
use anything other than the mono/headset profile.

I've just tried d-feet, but whether I connect from the Audio or the
Headset node, pulse always reports the same profile --

      profiles:
         a2dp: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP) (priority 10)
         hsp: Telephony Duplex (HSP/HFP) (priority 20)
         off: Off (priority 0)
     active profile: <hsp>

If I try to connect from the Audio node at this point, it says it's
already connected --

"org.bluez.Error.AlreadyConnected: Already Connected"

But if I try to switch profile in pulse --

 >pacset-card-profile bluez_card.00_1D_BA_28_F8_16 a2dp"
Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
 >>> Failed to set card profile to 'a2dp'.

And the message log shows --

pulseaudio[4236]: module-bluetooth-device.c: A2DP is not connected,
refused to switch profile

Regards,
Jon.