[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio and RTP

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:32:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Jukka Kommeri<kommeri at cern.ch> wrote:

>>> Another question, is it possible to split the stream from source to
>>> both rtp-send and local sink?
>>>

>> I am sorry? I don't get the question, but loopback= might be the
>> option your a re looking for.
>>
>> Lennart
>>

> The loop of module-rtp-send has been the solution for me. But I have noticed
> that the stream that comes from the loopback goes through module-rtp-recv.
> It would reduce latency greatly if it went directly to local sink?
>
> -Jukka

If I got your question correctly, what you want is to combine the
remote and local sink into a virtual sink, so when you connect a
stream to this virtual sink it goes both to the local and remote
sinks, right? This is what module-combine does with local sinks, but I
think I doesn't work with remote sinks because it would be very
difficult to maintain both sinks synchronized. But I'm not an expert
on this, so it might have some misinformation here.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
MSc Computer Science Student