[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio and RTP

Jukka Kommeri kommeri at cern.ch
Mon Aug 10 01:10:40 PDT 2009

João Paulo Rechi Vita wrote:

>>> I am sorry? I don't get the question, but loopback= might be the
>>> option your a re looking for.
>>>
>>> Lennart
>>>

>> The loop of module-rtp-send has been the solution for me. But I have noticed
>> that the stream that comes from the loopback goes through module-rtp-recv.
>> It would reduce latency greatly if it went directly to local sink?
>>
>> -Jukka
>>

> If I got your question correctly, what you want is to combine the
> remote and local sink into a virtual sink, so when you connect a
> stream to this virtual sink it goes both to the local and remote
> sinks, right? This is what module-combine does with local sinks, but I
> think I doesn't work with remote sinks because it would be very
> difficult to maintain both sinks synchronized. But I'm not an expert
> on this, so it might have some misinformation here.

Not quite, now I use the loop of module-rtp-send to be able to hear what
I am saying. This sound stays quite long in the buffer of
module-rtp-recv and it is a bit disturbing to hear your own voice with
100ms latency. I was just wondering if there is a way to pass that
buffer and get the stream directly to local sink.

-Jukka