[pulseaudio-discuss] installing header files

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Aug 16 14:17:56 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 16/08/09 21:58 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, 11.08.09 09:31, James Bottomley (James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com) wrote:

>>> Hmm, not sure why having a second audio device should solve any
>>> problems Skype has with PA. Everything Skype can do with the second
>>> audio device it should be able to do with the first.
>> He means hide the second audio device from PA and use it natively in
>> ALSA for skype.  It's a solution; just not a very elegant one.
>
> Hmm, but he could temporarily hide the first one too. In fact there is
> a tool "pasuspender" which does just that for cases like this.

Yeah but:

pasuspender + app that should basically run for as long as you are
logged in != sense.

By having a second card that's not used by pulse allows people to use
skype. It's ugly and should be unnecessary but such is life.

I seem to have a *lot* of people that use skype complaining about this.
It's a very popular program such is the ugly truth :(

I do hope they release their fabled new version sooner rather than later
as it will shut up a large channel of support/complaints I have to field
:( Tho' I'm not holding my breath...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]