[pulseaudio-discuss] mythtv uses oss

Michał Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Sat Aug 22 13:29:59 PDT 2009

Dnia 2009-08-22, sob o godzinie 21:47 +0200, Lennart Poettering pisze:
> Hmm, how about fixing problems were the problems are?

I don't think that's their style ;)

> gst and mplayer don't have lip-sync problems with PA, so I see
> no reason why that should not be possible for any other app, too. As
> long as they sync properly with snd_pcm_delay() lip-sync should not be
> a prob.

Well I didn't even have problems with current behavior - I even have
lip-sync through A2DP so I can't really understand what was the issue
there.

Anyway there's no pulse support in Myth itself, they use ALSA for that
so the problem might be occuring somewhere in the ALSA -> pulse plugin,
probably due to bad usage on Myth's part.

--
Michał Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>