[pulseaudio-discuss] mythtv uses oss

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Aug 23 11:04:53 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 22/08/09 17:26 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sat, 22.08.09 13:14, niv waizer (nivwiz at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I got these two issues:
>> 1. When I load my tv card an audio device is created at card1. so
>> mythtv needs to record the audio separately from the video. mythtv
>> uses oss for audio recording, and this also works with the alsa oss
>> emulation.
>
> OSS is obsolete. They really should not use that anymore. In Fedora
> OSS support has been disabled and other distributions will certainly
> follow suit.

While mythtv has used alsa by default for ages to output sound it
appears that oss was used for recording from analog tv capture cards.

If I'm reading this right it seems that a patch to use alsa was
committed just today :)

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21448

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]