[pulseaudio-discuss] module-equalizer-sink revisited: sink_input_pop out of control with tsched!

Jason Newton nevion at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 04:09:23 PDT 2009

In my never ending quest to find out just wtf is wrong with tsched/alsa
and my equalizer I now set my private sink's max_request to the max of
the original and what I know I need in terms of the minimum granularity
of filtering.  It turns out that the original max_request though seems
to be always higher with tsched=1 (meaning it's OK with tsched=0), more
importantly the same is true for the nbytes parameter of the
sink_input_pop callback.  So large that I can't allocate a memchunk slot
for it as it always outgrows them!  Which leads to a segfault.

I attached a full bt and verbose output of pa (note the last lines
before the segfault).

Please take a look (cough cough Lennart).

git repo: git at gitorious.org:pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.git