[pulseaudio-discuss] keyboard shortcuts for pavucontrol

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Dec 23 06:16:49 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 23/12/09 13:55 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, 23.12.09 14:40, Halim Sahin (halim.sahin at freenet.de) wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In my previous mail I have written about the great feature of pulse to
>> move some streams between audio cards.
>> This is really great but sometimes difficult to use for blind poeple.
>>
>> When I open pavucontrol and tab to a stream i can't open the contextmenu
>> with the keyboard.
>> I must use the mouse emulation of the screenreader to do this.
>> This works not reliable sometimes.
>> Can you please tell me if we have already shortcuts for this or better
>> can you at some?
>
> I think the focus should be to make g-v-c fully accessible instead of
> pavucontrol. That said I'd be happy to take patches, as usual...

I agree that pavucontrol is really more of a playground app rather than
a the "offical" Gnome or KDE version of the same tool.

In KDE the functionality is accessed via System Settings -> Sound
although it works slightly differently to the Gnome system in that it
does not give a UI to move individual streams, only categories of
streams (e.g. Music, Video, Games etc.)

Anyway, I'm happy to help make pavucontrol more accessible - If you have
suggestions (or better, patches!) then I'll certainly listen and try and
incorporate what you suggest.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]