[pulseaudio-discuss] M-Audio FastTrack Pro

David Kågedal davidk at lysator.liu.se
Mon Dec 28 01:43:19 PST 2009

I created a mixer profile for my M-Audio FastTrack Pro USB card that
allows both stereo output channels to be used.

I should probably add a profile that allows the input channels to appear
as two mono sources, as well as the current stereo source, but I don't
have a microphone around to test it (and I'm lazy).

This was simple, since it is similar to the Native Instruments Audio 4
DJ profile file that was included, but not identical (only two channels
input e.g.)

I wonder, shouldn't ALSA/PulseAudio be able to somehow guess the profile
so that the two stereo channels appear automatically?

And another thing: The sinks appear as "FastTrack_Pro ...", with an
underscore instead of a space for some reason.

I created a file /etc/udev/rules.d/91-pulseaudio.rules with the
following contents:

SUBSYSTEM!="sound", GOTO="pulseaudio_x_end"
ACTION!="change", GOTO="pulseaudio_x_end"
KERNEL!="card*", GOTO="pulseaudio_x_end"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0763", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2012", ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="maudio-fasttrack-pro.conf"

LABEL="pulseaudio_x_end"

and the attached file maudio-fasttrack-pro.conf was placed in
/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/