[pulseaudio-discuss] Sink for event sounds? WAS: paplay - sound roles?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Dec 31 10:55:29 PST 2009

On Thu, 31.12.09 18:18, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 31/12/09 17:43 did gyre and gimble:
> > There is an API to modify the device for all event streams, however
> > there is no app currently making use of this. Hopefully g-v-c will
> > gain that feature soon.
>
> So do you have any particular reason to not implement this in
> pavucontrol?

Yes, there is one: my laziness... ;-)

>  It has always specifically hidden the UI element for moving
> the event streams but I will happily add it back in and write the
> appropriate stream restore rule if you don't have some fundamental
> objection to it?

Would be great to have this feature in pavucontrol!

BTW, if you touch this code anyway it might be an idea to create a new
tab which lists more role-specific sliders/dropdowns than just
"event". I.e. a music slider, a telephony sleider and so on.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net