[pulseaudio-discuss] Folks with broken sound drivers

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 22 09:28:26 PST 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009 16:44:14 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Heya!
>
> I have added a a few paragraphs to the end of
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/BrokenSoundDrivers.
>
> If you have a sound card in question where timing seems to be
> unreliable, please follow what.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lennart

Hi Lennart,

What exactly do you mean by 'broken' sound drivers? What effects might we notice if our sound driver is "broken"? For example I get the occasional glitch, and music seems to have no timing when played through pulseaudio. Does this mean my sound driver is broken? My hardware/driver combination not on the list on the website.

If you're interested in getting a log (snd_hda_intel on an Intel chipset) then please let me know and I will gladly oblige.

Mark