[pulseaudio-discuss] Making phonon/kde work nicely with pulse

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 25 01:42:02 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Mark Greenwood at 24/02/09 23:05 did gyre and gimble:
> saying you will be working on adding pulse sinks to the Phonon
> configuration? If so Yay for you!

I hope to scrape some time together to do that, yes.

> Is this something you're doing as a specific Mandriva customisation,
> or will it find its way back into trunk phonon-land? I am about to
> make a decision on distros.... your answer to this question may help
> me decide :)

Well it will be open to all for sure, but due to the nature of where my
testing platform is, it will hit cooker first.

FWIW, I believe that Mandriva has one of the best integrated pulseaudio
solutions of all the distro's out there. We've had really good feedback
about it, and spent a *lot* of time getting it right before we deployed
it! Not all distros were quite as diligent.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]