[pulseaudio-discuss] a little suggestion: start/stop button in pa manager GUI

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jan 2 09:51:21 PST 2009

On Fri, 26.12.08 19:17, H.S. (hs.samix at gmail.com) wrote:

> Could the developers put a button in pulseaudio that toggles pulseaudio
> for the user? This way, if it is not running the user can clearly make
> that out and click on that button to start it. The Start/Stop button
> could make the pulseaudio manager GUI a lot more intuitive.

Please note that in newer PA versions we have enabled auto-spawning of
PA by default. That means that if PA is not running yet it will be
started when the first application needs that. That means that PA will
automatically be started by paman anyway.

Also note that paman is not really intended to be an end user
applicaiton and has also not been updated for quite a while. The plan
is establish replacements for most pa tools. The first step is done
with the new volume control tool that you can find in current Fedora Rawhide.