[pulseaudio-discuss] Development proposals

Jens Peters jpeters7677 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 4 07:51:21 PST 2009

> I've written up a couple of proposals for improvements I'd like to see
> in the way pulse handles default devices (the last two)

About proposal #3: A simpler solution could be to extend the move menu in
the ui, something like:

Move stream for current session to sink ...
Move stream permanently to sink...

Adding a tooltip showing the "default" and current sink should then be
convenient enough imho.

If the user set a new "global" default sink, a popup could arise asking
for moving all assigned (thus not just active) applications from the old
to the new default output sink.

Regards,
Jens