[pulseaudio-discuss] Lights responding to bass/sounds?

Mike Axiak mike at axiak.net
Thu Jan 22 22:16:22 PST 2009

Hi,

I have an odd yet possibly fun question to ask. I have a few fun
lights hooked up to my computer, and I've been wanting to write
software that allows them to react to the sounds being played with my
computer.

A few years ago I wrote a plugin for xmms. Though now I have a better
light system and since then I've gone on to use a larger variety of
applications, so I'd like to solve this at the sound server level. I
would need some access to the sound data that is playing, but wouldn't
need to alter it in any way.

Anyone have any pointers for me?

Thanks,
Mike