[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Audio Window focus app

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:12:17 PST 2009

Hi.

I've written a small python app that monitors the window focus and current
pulseaudio streams and fades volume levels based on window focus and active
streams.. this allows banshee to mute on skype calls... video players to
mute music players etc...

Basically like
http://workouts.foss.in/2008/index.php/Implementing_volume-follows-focus_in_PulseAudio#Report

* *its pretty much just a toy experimenting with how it would work... (and I
use skype for work so muting the music automaticlly was my main itch to
scratch)

Code is in bzr at https://launchpad.net/eyecandy/0.2

 - I divided apps up into a couple of classes (music,video,voice) and
created some rules around that

- I also got a fade working depending on where the window is on screen
left/right fade,

- Is there a way to check if a stream is actually producing sound not just
active... flash player in ff does not seem to play nice??

Cheers

Jason Taylor

--
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a
battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Calven