[pulseaudio-discuss] can't open windows cli

Chris Joelly chris-m-lists at joelly.net
Tue Jul 7 09:55:00 PDT 2009

Hi Fred,

i can not tell how to use native remote sink because i didn't use it,
but i used the cli module by enabling module-cli-protocol-tcp in the
file default.pa (don't know where you can find this file on windows)
and then telnetting into the pulseaudiop cli using "telnet locahost
4712". i think there are issues with module-cli-protocol-tcp binding
to the loopback device thus it might not be accessible from a remote
host, but, however, from the machine itself you should be able to
establish a connection to the local pulseaudio daemon.

chris at joysn:~$ cat /etc/pulse/default.pa | grep cli
load-module module-cli-protocol-tcp
chris at joysn:~$ telnet localhost 4712
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.

and maybe this helps with remoting your sink?
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Configuring_Sound_on_Linux/Pulse_Audio/Remote_server

hth