[pulseaudio-discuss] PA now compiles on OS X

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 23 00:39:45 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Kim Lester at 23/07/09 04:58 did gyre and gimble:
> I'm happy to upload my patches but I'd like advice on how you want them.
> I consider them at "hack" level and _might_ break linux compiles so I
> don't want to break the trunk (not that I expect I have write permission
> anyway). I'm also not a git expert, so advice please...

Git is a distributed system, so you just publish your repository and
it's up to people who have write permission on git master to add your
repository as a remote and merge in your changes.

If/when you tidy up your patches we'd ask you to make a series of clean
commits on top of a clean clone of git master. We can then merge that
branch in.

Other PA hackers use gitorious.org to push their git clones, but there
is also github.com.

In addition, after your intial post Daniel Mack also did some work
towards getting things to compile on OSX. It would be great if the two
of you could collaborate on the other missing components as there is
still a lot of work to make things work fully :) Wouldn't want you both
to develop separately.

Also Kim, our IRC channel is the best place to hang out if you're
looking for general advice and chat. See #pulseaudio on freenode.

Thanks again for your work so far :)

Col

PS:

<cliched analogy>
OSX developers are clearly like buses. None for ages then two come along
at once!
</cliched analogy>

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]