[pulseaudio-discuss] PA now compiles on OS X

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Thu Jul 23 02:48:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 08:39:45AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> In addition, after your intial post Daniel Mack also did some work
> towards getting things to compile on OSX. It would be great if the two
> of you could collaborate on the other missing components as there is
> still a lot of work to make things work fully :) Wouldn't want you both
> to develop separately.

It wasn't me actually doing changes to the sources but Diego who also
pushed them at his git tree at

  git://gitorious.org/~flameeyes/pulseaudio/flameeyes-pulseaudio.git osx

Pulling from this source will give you a compilable tree, which has the
weak_ref problems I described. And there might be some of your -Wshadow
fixes missing as well.

It would be great if you, Kim, could base your patches on top of this
tree.

In general, I would appreciate if we could get the PA tree to a state
where it can be used out-of-the box. And as Kim has come a lot further
than me, I'd just sit down and wait for now :)

Daniel