[pulseaudio-discuss] Crash and/or distortion when remapping a remapped sink.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 24 09:07:53 PDT 2009

Hi Lennart,

 From IRC, but as you're busy and I suspect this wont get immediate
attention, I'll post the details here for later :)

<coling> mezcalero, found a reliable way to produce some nasty
distortion that should not happen....
<coling> 1) >>> load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=mono
master=<alsa sink name> channels=1 master_channel_map=front-left
channel_map=mono
<coling> 2) >>> load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=fakestereo
master=mono channels=2 master_channel_map=mono,mono
channel_map=front-left,front-right
<coling> 3) PULSE_SINK=fakestereo paplay foo.wav
<coling> That's it.
<coling> Pretty nasty :s
<coling> mezcalero, incidentally, the above process also causes an
assert half the time too.
<coling> E: sink.c: Assertion '!s->thread_info.rewind_requested' failed
at pulsecore/sink.c:843, function pa_sink_render(). Aborting.
<coling> Can't for the life of me work out how to get a backtrace tho' :s
<coling> If it does crash it's at step 2). I suspect chaining two remaps
together is causing this assert to be hit...(sometimes). LIke I say I
can't seem to get a nice backtrace... will try harder.
<coling> Got one! http://pastebin.com/m16ae0d8e
<pulsator> Title: pastebin - collaborative debugging tool (at pastebin.com)
<coling> HOpefully that means something to you mezcalero :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]