[pulseaudio-discuss] rename device volume in Volume Control

sladivadi sladivadi at verat.net
Sat Jul 25 07:16:34 PDT 2009

Hi!

I just found out how Flat Volume works and I'd put a reference level slider
above the streams. So you change it and there would be no confusion why
suddnly the reference level changed when changing the device output slider.
Also this would by itself explain the logic of Flat Volume I think.
The device levels should only be used to be at 0dB for example when using
100% reference level, ie for "calibration" of the card.

Also unfortunately some records are at low level so I'd add the option to
not store a change in stream volume. When I'm listening to some silent
record I don't want to get very loud output on a normal recording next time
because I forget to decrease again to normal level. For example holding
shift while dragging the stream volume slider in order to make a temporal
change would be great. :)

Regards,
Sladi