[pulseaudio-discuss] Writing mono bindings - what is pa_operation actually used for?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jul 28 01:19:22 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Christopher James Halse Rogers at 28/07/09 06:54 did
gyre and gimble:
> So... what is pa_operation good for?  What will consumers of my bindings
> miss if I simply pa_operation_unref immediately after every call that
> returns a pa_operation?

I'm not super familiar with the reason behind the design, but if you
look at pavucontrol as an example here you will see that it pretty much
does this (unref immediately), so I'd say that's a fairly sensible approach.

All the best

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]