[pulseaudio-discuss] create a virtual sink from multiple sinks

sladivadi sladivadi at verat.net
Fri Jul 31 18:01:25 PDT 2009

Hi Col, that works, but unforunately only for the front channels. I've set
the card-profile to some surround mode (4.0 5.0 7.1) too.

I tried:
pactl load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=RL
master=alsa_output.pci_10de_371_sound_card_0 channels=1
master_channel_map=rear-left channel_map=mono

pactl load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=RR
master=alsa_output.pci_10de_371_sound_card_0 channels=1
master_channel_map=rear-right channel_map=mono

pactl load-module module-combine sink_name=combtest slaves=RL,RR

The problem is that all these sinks play on the front channels. When I do
the same but map to front channels, it works as expected
(i.e. same result).

Regards,
Sladi