[pulseaudio-discuss] Hiccups in audio

nikhil.rao at wipro.com nikhil.rao at wipro.com
Thu Jun 4 23:15:22 PDT 2009

pl bossart wrote:
> You probably want to use an interrupt-driven mode rather than the
timer-based scheduling if the driver uses > internal memories available
in i.MX; you would not have a precise idea of the DMA read position.
> Try loadind the alsa-sink module with tsched=0 Regards Pierre

Thanks for your reply.
But the pulseaudio version(0.9.10) I am using, does not support "tsched"
option at all.
And I don't think I am using the timer based scheduling option.

I remember seeing a *FIXME* in the mmap_write which said "/* FIXME:
Maybe we can do something to keep this memory block a little bit longer
around? */", which I suspect is causing the hiccup in my audio(not sure
though). This FIXME is  removed in the later version of pulseaudio which
has tsched implemented. I was wondering if I implement the tsched in the
pulseaudio version I am currently using, will help fix my audio playback
problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil Rao.

www.wipro.com